Lessons & Resource Materials
We offer 3 options for you to take advantage of our Resource Materials. Note that some resources are not available for download; they must be ordered.
Spring Produce of the Week Activity Sheets
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom and the FDACS Division of Food, Nutrition and Wellness partnered to develop these four nutritional activity sheets for students that teach them the nutritional benefits of spring fruits and veggies – corn, tomatoes, oranges and strawberries. The activity newspapers and related teacher’s guides were developed by Hillsborough County elementary teachers Sharon Cutler and Jane Kemp. Download Spring Produce PDF Here
Lesson & Resource Descriptions and Summaries
Keeping Florida Green - grades 6 through 8; interdisciplinary; correlated to the Sunshine State Standards; hands-on activities. Free of charge for Florida teachers and volunteers who complete training workshops. All others in Florida $13/book, $2/CD.
Project Food, Land & People Resources for Learning - grades Pre-K through 12; correlated to the Sunshine State Standards; hands-on activities; agricultural/environmental, interdisciplinary lessons. Free of charge to teachers and volunteers who complete training workshops. All others in Florida $25/book,$20/CD.
The Honey Files: A Bee’s Life - grades 4 through 6; Set includes 20-minute video and 96-page guide to information, classroom activities and worksheets about bees, honey and pollination. $5/set with VHS - $6.50/set with DVD.
Happiness is a Cow (currently out of stock) - grades Pre-K through 1; coloring book with related story. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers (1 book per class - limited time only).
Florida Ag in the Classroom, Inc. Resource Guide - grades Pre-K through 12; guide to agricultural education teaching materials in Florida, agricultural tours, speakers and local contacts. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers.
Make & Take Activity Booklet - grades Pre-K through 6; correlated to Sunshine State standards; instructional booklet of crafts and games for teachers to use in the classroom. Includes master activity sheets for students. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers.
Gardening for Grades - grades Pre-K through 8; guide to help teachers use school gardens as a teaching tool. The 142-page, full-color book is correlated to Sunshine State Standards. Includes resource lists of books and web sites related to gardening. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers. This book is available in hard copy or in a digital version that can be downloaded for free by clicking here.
What’s the Buzz on Bees? - grades K-5; correlated to the Sunshine State standards. Four lessons on CD allows students to follow Bissy Bee as she teaches them about honey bees from their biology to pollination, and introduces them to her grumpy cousin, the Africanized Honey Bee. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers.
The Science of Milk - grades 6 through 8; a teacher’s guide with creative ideas for labs using milk and/or dairy products. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers (1 set per classroom - limited time only).
Florida Agriculture Activity Newspapers – The activity newspaper includes exercises and facts about Florida agriculture. Correlated to Sunshine State Standards.
- “Discovering Florida’s Growing Treasures,” an activity newspaper for pre kindergarten through 2nd grade that takes students on a fanciful tour of agriculture around the state. One copy per student.
- “The Science and Technology of Florida Agriculture,” (currently out of stock) an activity newspaper for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders that educates students about the science behind the agriculture industry in Florida. One copy per student.
- “Growing Up Healthy with Food from Florida,” an activity newspaper for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders that educates students about the nutritional value of Florida commodities. One copy per student.
- “Life from the Land: Florida Agriculture Past, Present and Future,” an activity newspaper for middle and high school students that explains the historical significance of the agriculture industry in the state and in the nation. One copy per student.
Discover Florida Aquaculture - (disc format) grades 6 through 12 a better understanding of Florida's aquaculture industry and its products. (1 per classroom - limited time only.)
Growing a Nation - The Story of America Agriculture – grades 6 through 12; interactive multimedia CD-ROM that links to online teacher resources and complements existing American history textbooks and high school history curricula; CD includes agricultural innovations, research and inventions that have changed the lives of all Americans, their culture, economy and quality of life. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers (1 per classroom, limited time only).
Living Science Food, Agricultural and Natural Resources Careers – grades 6 through 12; educational packet outlining 40 available careers in food, agriculture and natural resources. Distributed free of charge to Florida teachers and volunteers (1 per classroom – limited time only.)
Lessons & Resources for Download
- 2012-2013 FAITC Resource Guide (PDF)
- Make 'n Take Booklet (PDF)
- Pre-K 2nd Grade Newspaper(PDF)
- 3rd - 5th Grade Science Newspaper (PDF)
- 3rd - 5th Grade Nutrition Activity Newspaper (PDF)
- Middle-High School Newspaper (PDF)
- Food Production Fact or Fib (PDF)
- Feed me Nutritional Building Blocks (PDF)
- Squantos Fertlizer (PDF)
- Giant African Snail (PDF)
- How Fast Does it Grow? (PDF)
- Place Invaders (PDF)
- Where's the Invader? (PDF)
Order Hard Copies